Storecupboard Tuna Bean Salad recipe – healthy & easy
- 500g pack salad potato , such as Charlotte
- 4 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 plump garlic clove , finely chopped
- 410g can cannellini bean , drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion or half a medium one, finely chopped
- a good handful of parsley , chopped
- 200g can tuna , drained
- 110g bag mixed salad leaf and herbs
- STEP 1
Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, make the dressing.Whisk the oil, lemon juice, chilli powder and garlic in a bowl big enough to take all the salad. Tip in the cannellini beans, onion and parsley.
- STEP 2
Drain the potatoes and when cool enough to handle cut them in half lengthways. Now gently stir the potatoes into the salad and flake in the tuna. Pile on to a bed of salad leaves, drizzled with a little extra olive oil.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2003