Satay noodle soup recipe – healthy & easy
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small lime , zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil , plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions , sliced diagonally
- 1 red chilli , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 25g creamed coconut
- 1 nest dried rice noodles
- 1 large carrot , cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- STEP 1
Mix together the soy, peanut butter, lime zest and juice, then set aside. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, add ½ the spring onions, ½ the chilli, the garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 mins.
- STEP 2
Pour in 450ml water, bring to the boil, then crumble in the coconut. Stir to dissolve, then spoon in the peanut butter mixture. Mix well, drop in the noodles and ½ the carrot ribbons, and cook for 5 mins. Season to taste, spoon into a bowl and top with the remaining spring onion, chilli and carrot ribbons. Drizzle over extra sesame oil or soy.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2017