recipe – healthy & easy
This is an easy and very tasty method for roasting beef. The combination of coffee and beef is delicious, either in the oven or on the BBQ in the summer. It makes great leftovers too! I used a top round roast but any kind of beef roast can be used. The trick in this recipe is to use very finely ground coffee or espresso powder, and pat the meat dry so the rub sticks and makes a delicious crust. —Leith Devine
beef top round roast or beef roast of your choice
finely ground coffee or espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a roasting pan with a rack.
- Mix the coffee, brown sugar, garlic powder, cumin, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pat the roast dry with paper towels until no juices show.
- Spread the rub all over the roast and place on the rack.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130-135 for medium rare.
- Let roast sit for 15 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Slice and serve.