recipe – healthy & easy
- 4 radishes , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 3 mini bagels , split in half
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 slices salt beef, pastrami or roast beef
- handful watercress
- STEP 1
Put the radishes, vinegar, sugar and a good pinch of salt in a bowl and leave to pickle for 30 mins, or up to 24 hrs.
- STEP 2
When you’re ready to serve, toast the bagels while you mix together the crème fraîche and mustard. To serve, spread the bagels with the mustardy crème fraîche, top each half with a ruffled slice of beef, a few pickled radishes and a few watercress sprigs. Finish with a grind of black pepper.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2015