recipe – healthy & easy
1-in. cubes beef chuck (for stew)
can beef broth
small sweet potatoes
each carrots and parsnips
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat to 325°F.
- Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown. Add broth, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and place stew on one oven rack, potatoes on other rack. Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut carrots, parsnips and celery into 1-in. lengths; stir into stew. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until tender when pierced.
- Peel potatoes and mash with butter and salt. Bake and serve or cool, cover separately and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- To serve: Heat oven to 400°F. Skim fat off stew, then spoon into a shallow 3 1/2-qt baking dish; spread potatoes over top. Bake 50 minutes or until bubbly around edges and hot in center.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io