recipe – healthy & easy
This hearty stew will keep you feeling full throughout any chilly day, with chunks of boneless beef boiled with wine, beef broth and savory spices, then mixed and baked with vegetables until tender.
boneless beef-round stew cubes
each dried thyme and rosemary
each salt and pepper
red wine or water
red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
bag peeled baby carrots
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place flour and beef in a large plastic food bag; seal bag and shake until beef is well coated.
- Heat oil in a 5-qt or larger Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, turning to brown all sides and adding more oil if needed. Stir in onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Stir in vegetables. Cover and bake 1 1⁄4 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender when pierced.
- Remove 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables and 1 cup liquid; purée in food processor or blender. Stir into pot. Transfer 1⁄2 the stew to a shallow 2 1⁄2-qt casserole for leftover recipe.
- Heat beef stew (from leftovers) in a covered 2 1/2-qt casserole in a 400°F oven. Uncover, top with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. Bake until biscuits are done and nicely golden.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io