recipe – healthy & easy
The classic Russian recipe of beef stroganoff using ground beef, onions, beef broth, and heavy cream for a rich and flavorful sauce served over egg noodles. —Dash of Amy
finely chopped onion
garlic clove, minced
black pepper, divided
package egg noodles, cooked & strained
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the chopped onions.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the beef and garlic, mix well.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and cook until beef is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the broth, cream, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Place cooked egg noodles in a large baking dish and pour beef mixture over the top mixing well.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve hot.