Green Chicken Soup recipe – healthy & easy
I love this soup because it is an easy way to take in powerfully nutritious greens. While I love my green juices in theory, in reality, my stomach doesn’t always agree with them, especially when it’s cold outside. That’s when it’s time to make Green Chicken Soup. Somehow, the carrots and kale give the soup a delicious sweet flavor, which makes this high protein, gluten free soup very grounding, and even more comforting than it already is.
- Place chicken stock in a soup pot over medium heat, reserving 2 cups stock
- Take reserved stock and blend it with kale in a vitamix, until smooth and creamy
- Pour kale-stock mixture into pot of chicken stock
- Add carrots and mushrooms (and shredded chicken if you have it)
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender