Gingery shiitake noodles recipe – healthy & easy
- 375g pack medium dried egg noodle
- couple dashes toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- finger-length piece fresh root ginger , grated
- 300g fresh shiitake mushroom , sliced
- 8 spring onions , cut into thirds, then thinly sliced into lengthways strips
- 2 tbsp good-quality oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- STEP 1
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then toss with a little sesame oil to stop them sticking.
- STEP 2
Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the groundnut oil. Once it’s smoking, add the ginger, stir-fry for a couple of secs, then add the mushrooms with a splash of water to create steam, and cook for 1 min. Toss through the cooked noodles for 2 mins until hot, then add the spring onions, oyster and soy sauces, and a dash more sesame oil.