Gingerbread Egg White Oatmeal recipe – healthy & easy
- 1/2cup rolled oats
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon molasses (or maple syrup, or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1pinch salt
- 1/3cup liquid egg whites (or 3 large egg whites)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
In a small pot, heat oats, almond milk, 1/2 cup water, banana, molasses, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and oats are plump, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, whisk egg whites until slightly bubbly. Add cooked oatmeal to egg whites a spoonful at a time, whisking between each addition, until oatmeal is fully incorporated. Return to pot and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until oats are thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep heat low so eggs don’t scramble.
Top with almond butter and more pumpkin pie spice.
Nutrition Per Serving
14 g fat (1 g saturated)
50 g carbs
14 g sugar
8 g fiber
18 g protein