Egg-cellent Sugar Cookies recipe – healthy & easy
stick unsalted butter
light corn syrup
grated lemon zest
Decorating Icing (recipe follows)
You’ll also need: 2 1/2- and 3 1/2-in. egg-shaped cookie cutters, yellow gel food color, decorating sugar
- Beat butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium and add egg; beat until combined. Beat in corn syrup, lemon zest and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour in two parts. Shape dough into two disks, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Roll out 1 disk between 2 sheets of wax paper to 1/4 in. thick. Remove top layer of wax paper and cut out shapes using cookie cutters. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are golden. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Decorating Icing: In a large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat 1 lb confectioners’ sugar and 3 Tbsp Just Whites.* Add 6 Tbsp water; beat until blended. Increase mixer speed to high and beat 8 minutes or until icing is very thick and white. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Divide decorating icing into 2 bowls. Tint one yellow. Transfer half of each color to separate pastry bags fitted with plain writing tips. Thin the remaining icing with a few teaspoons water to the consistency of slightly whipped cream. Spread thinned icing over cookies; let dry completely. Decorate with icing in pastry bags; sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- *Just Whites is available in supermarkets nationwide.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io