Chicken Roulades recipe – healthy & easy
For this French classic, Gruyère and spinach are rolled up in chicken and cooked until it becomes a lusciously melted. A simple chicken broth reduction pulls it all together.
thin-sliced chicken cutlets
box frozen spinach
lower-sodium chicken broth
fresh lemon juice
freshly grated lemon peel
- In small bowl, combine Gruyère, mayonnaise, garlic, 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- On each piece chicken, spread 1 heaping tablespoon spinach up to 3/4 inch from edges. Place 2 teaspoons cheese mixture on spinach at one short end, in a strip, 1 inch from edges. Roll up, starting at end with cheese. Secure with toothpicks to enclose filling.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet on medium-high; add chicken. Cook 5 to 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; add 1 tablespoon water. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F), turning over once. Transfer to plate and cover with foil.
- Into same skillet on medium-high, stir chicken broth, lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 4 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in lemon peel.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken and slice. Serve with sauce and roasted potatoes.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io