Chicken Piccata recipe – healthy & easy
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Additional all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Using meat pounder or rolling pin, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Mix 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Place additional flour in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken into flour to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets. Add 2 chicken breasts to each skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in 1 skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.