Chicken Marengo recipe – healthy & easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pack cup mushroom , halved
- 4 chicken legs , skin removed
- 500g jar garlic & herb passata
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g pitted black kalamata olive
- chopped parsley , to serve (optional)
- pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and stir-fry the mushrooms until they start to soften. Add the chicken legs and cook briefly on each side to colour them a little.
- STEP 2
Pour in the passata, crumble in the stock cube and stir in the olives. Season with black pepper – you shouldn’t need salt. Cover and simmer for 40 mins until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, if you like.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, June 2013