Chicken Liver Pâté recipe – healthy & easy
- 8 oz. chicken livers, cleaned
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. rendered chicken fat or unsalted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- 1½ tbsp. cognac or brandy
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toast points, for serving
- To a medium pot over medium-high heat, add the livers and stock, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the livers are firm but still faintly pink at the center, 6–8 minutes.
- Set a colander over a large bowl and strain the livers, reserving the cooking liquid. Transfer the livers to a food processor and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the chicken fat or butter. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent and just beginning to brown, 6–8 minutes. Transfer the onions to the food processor, add ¼ cup of the reserved liver cooking liquid along with the Cognac and eggs and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, transfer to a jar, and chill until ready to serve, at least 4 hours or up to 3 days. Serve cold or at room temperature with toast points.