Cheesesteak Egg Rolls recipe – healthy & easy
A cheesesteak rolled up and fried? What could be better than that?
BUY NOW: Le Creuset Signature Skillet, $100; amazon.com.
extra-virgin olive oil
large yellow onion, thinly sliced
bell peppers, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil
egg roll wrappers
Ketchup, for serving, if desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Push vegetables to one side of skillet and add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil to other side. Add steak and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Sear 1 minute, then move around with tongs until cooked through, 5 minutes. Toss to combine, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and add a folded slice of provolone and a heaping spoonful of steak mixture to the center. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining steak and vegetables.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil (it should reach 1″ up side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Serve with ketchup, if desired.
Senior Food Editor
Lena Abraham is the Senior Food Editor at Delish, where she develops and styles recipes for video and photo, and also stays on top of current food trends.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io