Caprese Egg Sandwich recipe – healthy & easy
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1ounce fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons fresh basil, torn
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2slices 100-percent whole wheat bread, lightly toasted
In a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
Crack egg into skillet, season with salt and pepper, and top with sliced mozzarella. Cook until egg is set and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Assemble sandwich with tomato slices, basil, balsamic vinegar, and cheesy egg.
Nutrition Per Serving
18 g fat (6 g saturated)
42 g carbs
10 g sugar
7 g fiber
20 g protein