15-Minute Noodle Supper recipe – healthy & easy
- 250g pack of medium rice noodles
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- small knob of fresh root ginger , grated
- ½ cucumber , halved then sliced
- bunch of spring onions , sliced
- handful of coriander leaves
- 4 peppered smoked mackerel fillets, broken into large flakes
- STEP 1
Boil a kettle of water and tip the noodles into a large heatproof bowl. Cover them with boiling water and leave for 5 mins. Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce with the garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp of water to make a dressing. Drain the noodles, rinse under the cold tap, then drain them again. Tip into a bowl and toss in the cucumber, spring onions, half the coriander and half the dressing. Top each portion of noodles with mackerel, drizzle the remaining dressing over and sprinkle with the rest of the coriander. Serve.
MAKE IT DIFFERENT
Instead of the mackerel, toss 200g cooked prawns through
the noodle salad.
MAKE IT SPICY
Add sliced red chilli and
a squeeze of lime to the dressing for added kick.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2005